Join the Campbell House Museum on Sunday, August 21st for a lecture titled, The Jesuits Come to St. Louis: Saint Louis University’s Ninth and Washington Campus, presented by John Waide. Saint Louis University was founded in 1818 and ten years later was turned over to the Jesuits who built the first campus downtown on 9th and Washington. Waide will discuss more of the particulars of this “downtown” campus at Ninth and Washington.
John Waide has been an archivist at Saint Louis University for more than 30 years and brings with him a wealth of knowledge on the subject.
All lectures are at the Campbell House and are free and open to the public. Reservations are not required. Limited free parking in the Museum lot, street parking is free on Sunday.
For more information call 314–421-0325 or click here: LECTURE: The Jesuits Come to St. Louis Tickets, Sun, Aug 21, 2022 at 2:00 PM | Eventbrite