Looking for something to do over the next couple of weeks? Here are some staff recommendations to keep your social calendar hopping (terrible pun clearly intended):
Friday, April 6
- The smokin’-hot St. Louis Blues play the Phoenix Coyotes at Scottrade. Make sure you catch them in their last home game of the regular season. (Playoffs, here we come!)
- Pillow Fight in Forest Park. (Really.)
Sunday, April 8
- Celebrate Easter throughout St. Louis. Our friends at Explore St. Louis have compiled a list of places to go (and chocolate to eat!) on Sunday.
- Director Andy suggests a leisurely nature walk through the grounds of Bellefontaine Cemetery. Make sure you check out the Campbell plot while you’re there. (Trust us. It’s. Not. Morbid.)
- See the big white wabbits at Citygarden.
Thursday, April 12 through Saturday, April 14
- If you’ve got a few bucks to kick around, make your way to the Chase Park Plaza for Rustbelt to Artist Belt IV: At the Crossroads, a conference that encourages the use of arts to engage and reinvigorate the community. Our Urban Museum Collaborative will be featured in Thursday’s poster session.
Friday, April 13
- Cardinals home opener. ‘Nuff said.
Saturday, April 14 through Sunday, April 15
- Strap on those running shoes and hit the streets for the Go! St. Louis Marathon and Family Fitness Weekend.
Saturday, April 14
- After you’re done running and hanging out with artsy intellectuals at the Chase, support Campbell House at our Magical Spring Thing fundraiser at the Magnificent Mahler Ballroom.
Happy Friday Eve, and be sure to send an email to shelley [at] campbellhousemuseum [dot] org if you have a special soiree for us to feature in our next Campbell Contemporaries installment in two weeks.